Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Diva and the Pineapple.





So I did the Discovery Walk the Talk and there were thousands of people ahead of me, good news is that there were thousands of people behind me too :)

Faizel has this cool application on his cellphone, its called Sports Tracker and he makes sure that our training sessions and events are recorded each time.

He always sends me the stats and yes, Faizel is the one who takes all the pictures. Its like having my own paparazzi following me everywhere. This time I was spotted in the crowds with a "Peculiar Pineapple"...

I completed the Discovery WTT 8km course in the following times for the last 3 years respectively:
>
2007 - 01:58
2008 - 01:31:53
2009 -01:29:03

I managed to shave off a whole 2 minutes 50 seconds from my previous year's time. My average pace was 9 min 29 sec per km as opposed to last year's 10 min 5s per km. I was so focused and intent on improving my time, that for a short while I was walking by myself ahead of Faizel and my family. They caught up with me when I reached the hills. From the attached stats, one can see that even though my fastest lap was 8min 20 sec per km in 2008, my lap times in 2009 was more consistent, except for at the start when one needs to find a gap to walk lest you make someone fall.
>
The 8km event was fun to do and yet still challenging, and if I look back to where I've been and where I'm at now, I've come a long way. This is one way of staying positive, when all other progress, like losing a few grams seems so negligible. This week, I lost 400g, putting me now at 84.05kg. Another way to stay positive, is to think positive. I'm gonna think "sexy, gorgeous, voluptuous Diva"...I already have the paparazzi following me and my 2 seconds of fame on TV :)
>
W

No comments:

Post a Comment