Monday, July 20, 2009

Battle of the Scales...











>
Another week gone, another 450g down, I'm at 84.45kg, officially. Today, I had to wake up really early (and for those of you who know me, will know that I am NOT a morning person) to go to the gym, to weigh myself on the "official scale". I was at gym last night and forgot to do my weigh-in on the "official scale", but I did weigh myself on the "Virgin Healthzone scale" (just to accumulate points of course). I was shocked and started justifying why the scale suddenly went above 85kg, it was frustrating because as much as I had good food over the weekend, I had worked my backside off (you may take that literally) trying to increase my fitness levels.
>
I actually went to gym twice last week, completed a 10km run/walk and had a 45 min squash session but yet, the weight loss is slow. Now one might argue that I'm building muscle (I know I am) or that it was the time of day that I weigh myself, use water retention as another reason or even mention that I was layered with too many clothes on the "Virgin Healthzone scale". But, just to confuse things a little more, I weighed myself on Faizel's little mechanical scale too over the weekend, and it said 82kg! Faizel congratulated me and said that its been a good week, but I was sceptical and was proven right...its not over until the Fat Lady has sung, or more appropriately, its not over until the Fat Lady gets on the "official scale"...
>
So why do we do this to ourselves? We have this love-hate relationship with scales, we love the ones that show us what we want to see, and hate the ones that don't OR, we just don't get onto them at all. So, the battle may be lost on the scale, but the war is won by my reducing waistline!
>
W

No comments:

Post a Comment